Wednesday 29 August 2012

The Body Shop Shea Body Mist - Review

The Body Shop has for long been one of my favorite brands for bath and body products. Every time I'm in a mall, I always make it a point to visit the TBS store. The colors, the fragrances, the cute bottles and tubs, everything is such a mood 'upper'! Because of my love for the brand, the recent controversy regarding them selling expired products in India really came as a shock. It was definitely not something I expected out of TBS but decided not to write them off on the basis of a few incidents.You still have not lost a fan TBS! 

The new line of body mists are mostly floral, fruity and citrus scents. The Community Fair Trade Alcohol that goes into these mists is made from organic sugarcane and is grown in the foothills of the Andes. I picked up the Shea Body Mist during the recent sale and yes, I must have checked the labels around 10 times just to make sure I was being given a fresh product! I was!


The plastic packaging of the erstwhile mists have been replaced with glass bottles and even though they look very classy and chic, are quite cumbersome to carry around. The plastic ones I could have just have thrown into my bag without worrying about them breaking but for the glass ones, I have to be extra careful. 

I tried four of the mists before picking on Shea. Strawberry I found way too strong, Moringa was really fresh and floral but I've used so much of Moringa that I wanted something else, Coconut reminded me of coconut oil and Vanilla, simply yummy. I'll definitely pick up Vanilla next!





Shea was my pick because of the warm nutty fragrance that's sweet but not sickeningly so. It's a fresh, clean and subtle scent that is just perfect for day wear. On me, the mist lasts for around 3 hours before fading away and I think that is the average wear time because of the light fragrance. 

Pick this up girls if you want to smell delicious without giving yourself and the others a headache! Totally worth Rs 645 if you do not like strong perfumes. 

Have you tried any of these mists? 

8 comments:

Preetha Karthik said...

i hv nvea tried these mists frm tbs..nice review dolon

Poutpretty said...

These are really nice Pree. Do give them a try

Goga said...

i loveee the Shea smell. I have their lip butter. Will definitely see this one and vanilla :)

Ruby Parmar said...

My all time Fav is Vanilla....mmmmmmmmmmm :P

Poutpretty said...

Mine too :))... and the TBS vanilla mist smells delicious!!

Paps said...

I love body shop stuff. Do you like to follow each other on GFC and bloglovin? Let me know will love to follow you back.
www.thoughtsofpaps.com

Dolon said...

Thanks for dropping by..You have a lovely blog. Following you now:)

Lakshmi Ramya said...

Hey dolon,
This is my favourite one too....i undoubtedly like the refreshin sense it leaves behind :-)
Nice review.....following you :-)