Sunday 9 June 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipcolor Vibrant Mandarin - Review, Swatches

For anyone who loves bright lip colors, the Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids are a dream come true! The moment I spotted these gorgeous shades, I knew I had to have them. Unfortunately, they are not yet out in India and God only knows when Maybelline plans to launch them but where there is a will there is always a way :))..I reached out to my friend in the US after getting to know that her parents were vacationing there. She bought me four shades and sent them through her parents. No jhamela of shipping or lost packages. Total smooth delivery :))



The moment I opened the package and got the tubes out, I just died and went to bright lipstick heaven. These are realllly bright and Vivids is so apt a name. I'll be putting up pictures of the other shades as well but today the focus is on Vibrant Mandarin, a bold and bright reddish orange shade. The Vivids look pretty vivid too and different than the usual Color Sensational range in that the lipstick caps are all in a bright neon orange. So no chance of figuring out what's the color of the lipstick inside. It's got a fruity smell which is rather strong but does not attack the olfactory nerves a lot so I'm ok with it. 


The color is a mix of bright orange and red, and leans more towards red making it more wearable. This thing is insanely pigmented and gives super color payoff. However, I did notice that on the first swipe, even though the color looks really bright on the lips, a hint of the natural lip color is visible. Two swipes and the lips are all Vibrant Mandarin. The lipstick is very easy to apply, glides on, feels absolutely weightless and gives a satin finish. It lasts nearly five hours on me and leaves a light orange stain on fading. The lipstick is mildly moisturising and it did not dry my lips. Those who have very dry lips, you might want to apply a lip balm beforehand. Vibrant Mandarin is pretty close to MAC's Scarlet Ibis though SI is a matte while this is a satin. 


The Vivids range of colors are absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to lay my hands on all of them. The pigmentation, texture and finish is amazing and can be compared to any more expensive brand. Can't wait for Maybelline to launch these in India and I really hope they listen to our prayers. If you love bright/bold/neon colors, this range is for you. Even if you are not a fan, the colors are so pretty, they will look lovely even as a stain. Highly Recommended!

In the US, these are priced at $7.49.

Have you tried any of the Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids?



No comments: